Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Discovering the Importance of a Delivery Note


Delivery Documents
Before the goods may be finally sent or delivered to its specific destination, a pre-shipment inspection must be conducted to ensure quality and accuracy of the ordered item and its shipment details. After this process is done, the delivery note must be included in the shipment to assure that all of the items are in, as well as ensuring that the receiver will receive the package within the expected date.

What is a Delivery Note? 
A delivery note is a type of document that is used in business, specifically for stores or services that ships goods and items from one country to the next. This note often comes with shipment of goods and details about the shipment. The delivery note must also include information about what is not included in the shipment. For instance, if the items are ordered together, yet some items did not arrive. This note is a document of proof between the business who is sending the goods and the person who is accepting the goods. Thus, it is important for businesses to keep good records of this document in case there are any discrepancies of the delivered items.

Package Document
The specific template for each delivery note may vary from one business to the next. But, most businesses do have similar information on each. A delivery note includes;
  • Name and address of the company or store delivering the goods.
  • Name and address of the party accepting them.
  • description of the item
  •  quantity, and 
  • price information
It also documents whether or not the items were delivered, and also the client who accepted them. It may also include description of the item, quantity and price information. The date of order and the date of delivery are included as well. The client who is receiving the delivery may be then have an opportunity to check the delivery and make sure that the delivered item matched the ones he has ordered, then sign the delivery note. He will then get his own personal copy of the document for his or her records.

This way, a delivery note is crucial to protect both parties involved in the transaction. If the note is signed, no receiver can come back and proclaim he did not receive the delivery, or the shipment didn’t match. This document is important to every business and an easy way to prevent disputes that could eventually turn out quite costly. If certain products are ordered but were not included in the shipment, this has to be mentioned on the delivery note as well, noting the possible expected date for the delivery of the items. 

In some instances, a delivery note is also considered as invoice as well, and the client who is receiving this document is expected to pay. Though, some may require cash on delivery while others allow future payment using a credit card. However, this is less common. Some companies will send invoices and bills separately for goods and services. For those businesses that are looking for delivery note template, there are many sample templates available online that can be customized and simply printed and copied for business use.


9 comments:

Samuel K. Sesay said...

This note is worth taking into consideration as a practitioner

Anonymous said...

Halo,I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Le_Meridian Funding Investors on this topic.Le_Meridian Funding Investors gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Le_Meridian so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. with God willing they grant me  loan of 500,000.00 USD the loan request that my banks here in Ecuador has turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Here is Le_Meridian Funding Investment Email/WhatsApp Contact if you wish to apply loan from them.Email:lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.comWhatsApp Contact:+1-989-394-3740.

Medical Pharmacy USA said...

Order Anti-Anxiety, Detoxifying, Pain Relief, Sleeping & Weight Loss Pills online,
Know More Info Click Here



Unknown said...

111

Lea Paige Matteo said...

How Lemeridian funding service grant me a loan!!!

Hello everyone, I'm Lea Paige Matteo from Zurich Switzerland and want to use this medium to express gratitude to lemeridian funding service for fulfilling his promise by granting me a loan, I was stuck in a financial situation and needed to refinance and pay my bills as well as start up a Business. I tried seeking for loans from various loan firms both private and corporate organisations but never succeeded and most banks declined my credit request. But as God would have it, I was introduced by a friend named Lisa Rice to Le_meridian funding service and undergone the due process of obtaining a loan from the company, to my greatest surprise within 48hrs just like my friend Lisa, I was also granted a loan of $216,000.00 So my advise to everyone who desires a loan, "if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan online with low interest rate of 1.9% and better repayment plans/schedule, please contact Le_meridian funding service. Besides, he doesn't know that am doing this but due to the joy in me, I'm so happy and wish to let people know more about this great company whom truly give out loans, it is my prayer that GOD should bless them more as they put smiles on peoples faces. You can contact them via email on {lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com Or lfdsloans@outlook.com} or Text through Whatsapp +1-989 394 3740.

Maariah said...

Thanks a lot to the mammoth public I did so enjoyed keepsake that, My partner and i trend end up being obstinate in order to search for your blog also certainly study dad exaggerate via different. My partner and i paucity in order to dignify which you support your well known encumber, cause a divine blink. como registrame en amazon

DUŠKA ALŽBĚTA said...

I would highly recommend Mr, Benjamin services to any person in need financial help and they will keep you on top of high directories for any further needs. Once again I commend yourself and your staff for extraordinary service and customer service, as this is a great asset to your company and a pleasant experience to customers such as myself. Wishing you all the best for the future.Mr, Benjamin is best way to get an easy loan,here is there email..  247officedept@gmail.com     Or talk to Mr Benjamin On WhatsApp Via_+1-989-394-3740 Thank You for helping me with loan once again in my sincerely heart I'm forever grateful.

TinNguyen2107 said...

high professional skills, cheap international freight rates
gui hang quoc te

RSJ Inspection Service said...

Nice Collection, thanks for sharing this blog,we are a inspection company
Lab test management
Pre shipment Inspection
Lab test management
third party inspection service

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best CD Rates